Monday 14 September 2015

What a wonderfully dreadful day for a picnic

I realize it's been way too long since I posted, alas crazy work hours and running a side doggy bakery business can take it's toll.
I needed some me recoup time. Yay me!
I say this because I used to run myself into the ground or the hospital. I have learned to spot the signs and now I stop before it gets to that point.
Anyhow!
Saturday was the wiener dog races, this year it was more of a picnic. I was very excited to get to see my dogs that live with my x. I picked my clothes out in function of this cute retro lunchbox my hubby bought me a while back.
The problem is it was pissing rain, oh and I broke my toe making lemon meringue pie!
Sooo my plan to wear cute shoes was out the window.
So what's a gal to do?
Grab your sword umbrella, to ward off picnicking ninjas of course!

 Fuck you ninja get your own granola bars...
So here is the outfit I picked for the pic nic.
A Torrid retro chic skull and dice dress I bought from a plus size exchange group, it's cute and is very forgiving to my swollen nacho filled belly.

I paired it with a simple cardigan.

As you can see, my ugly flip flop wearing feet are not shown. Imagine I am wearing something fabulous.

The races were fun but wet. One of my dogs had a great time the other was a drooling mess of a dog, her slobber picking up random objects as she walked.

She was a sad sight, like her mama's swollen toe. Squeaky toy for her, tall vodka slushy for me.

Photos again by my amazing hubby.




No comments:

Post a Comment