Sunday 10 May 2015

Junk sales and cotton dresses

After last weeks post I spent some time trying to get out of my funk.
 I finally did, but this week's OOTD photo shoot was hard for me to look at, but I will not dwell on that right now.
 I am trying to put a stop to my criticizing of myself, and that is part of what this whole project is about.

Besides, it's  the most wonderful  time of the year, garage sale season.
So we set off sat morning to St-Anne de Bellvue, we got halfway down the street and bought 8 vintage glasses and a tie rack so wonderfully tacky it make my husband giddy. But enough about that.

I am wearing a dress I bought on Eshakti, I hear a lot of trash talk about their bad fitting dresses but so far I have been super happy with everything I got.
This dress is cotton, so super comfy for summer and has those little bra straps restrainers so you don't spend all your time controlling those little fuckers. It's navy blue and makes me feel pretty.

It also has pockets, so that's always a plus. You can choose to remove them but who would do that? I cannot think of any woman that would not want pockets on a dress. You can keep change for buying other people's shit or put garage sale maps you cannot follow. Ok, ya back to clothes!
My Shoes are from Iron fist I bought them on sale on Modcloth, they have weird goldfish mutant fish on them and bows, because bows rule.

My bag, is a garage sale find, not in a garage sale. It's a vintage wicker basket bag I picked up in a goodwill type place for $5. I love it. My husband proudly found it for me.

Even though our day of yard scavenging was not what we hoped for, we got lost and angry at all the kid's junk people had to sell, In the end all that mattered is that we spent time together as we like to.

Ya, I look at my pictures and see a lot of cringe worthy stuff I don't like about myself but like our day stuff does not always go as we want, we don't look as we want, but you can't just stop yourself. Put away that map in your fabulous dress pocket and wing it. Photos by Eric Bergeron

No comments:

Post a Comment