Friday 5 June 2015

Aging gracefully your own way

So On May 29th, I turned 45.

I have never been the type of person to lie or hide my age, maybe because my mother always went on and on about how great being in your 40ies is.
We decided to go to this garage sale at  the Atomic cafe and do photos for the blog at the same time, so we headed to HoMa on a now predictably cold Montreal summer day. But hey got to wear my cape!

Even though it's wool and was custom made, it was still a little chilli, but we did not let that stop us from enjoying my birthday Day.
I must say I was feeling pretty good about myself, I'm at a point in my life where I feel I found my style.

It's funny because people envy youth, but I don't. Sure I'd love to have the tits of a 20 year old, but jezzzz, I would hate to be 20 again.
Even 30 was horrible, you spend your time stressing about where you think you should be in life, what you should be wearing.

I spent the first couple of years in my 40ies figuring a balance between, what I want to wear and how to make it work for my age and body type.
Like a couple of years ago this dress was wayyy to short for what I thought a woman of my age should wear, now I think fuck it, I run everyday, My legs are strong, I feel good about em, this is a cute dress, I'm wearing it!

Here  am flashing my husband in a laundry mat.


So speaking of the dress, this is a Modcloth Bea & dot What'll it beetle dress, it's a little snug but it make me feel great. I love the puff sleeves and collar.

It always takes people a second to make out the print.










My Boots are also from modcloth I got them on sale this winter, they are quite comfy. The bag I got at a garage sale.
So I got a lot of stares, I guess you always do when you dress differently, but I got a lot of smiles too, from older women.

It's like they where saying welcome to the ''I don't give a fuck club'' you rock it girl.

So my point is, do what you want to do in fashion, wear what you want to wear, YOU decide if you can pull it off. Don't let your fear of what you think other people might think (judge you) dictate which  category/age group/ size you fall in.

You know who else says so?
 3d winking Jesus, ya! he was our garage day find.












Photos by Eric Bergeron

No comments:

Post a Comment