Monday 29 June 2015

Big breast, small choices.

Bra shopping
 I had been looking forward to getting new bras for weeks. So I headed to change armed with my $15 off coupon I got on their Facebook page.
As I walked into the store I got giddy at all the pretty sexy colorful bras on the walls, that was until I got fitted.
38K!
Now my selections was 3 models in 3 colours and no balconette bras, I need some balconettes bras for my spagetti strap dresses, agh!
I could feel the frustration mounting, the same kind  I had once felt trying to find cute clothes as a plus size gal until I discovered modcloth, eshakti, eloquii, city chic or other online stores.
I had to pick from what I could get as opposed to what I liked.
I ended up getting a cute full coverage baby blue bra, a black regular bra and a horrendous sports bra.
We decided to go to addition elle to see if they could save the day, long story short, their bras go up to H, I am an ''I'' in their measurments.  GAH!
We drive home, at this point I am on the verge of tears, I feel like some sort of big breasted freak, I should just be happy they made some bra in my size.
I posted my frustration on facebook, a lot of women feeling the same frustration. But some suggesting breast reduction.
Thing is I love my boobs, yes they hurt my back and I could probably crush fruit with them, but I think they look good on my body.
I just wish, the fashion industry would cater to me too. Whoa there lady!
You want them to cater to your being fat and have massive tits?
YES!
Needless to say, I was feeling pretty freakish when I showed up at a friends event, sitting at a table waiting for the show to start I starting going down a black hole of self doubt and body issues. I had to close my eyes and imagine a huge sign over my head, I pictured myself typing: I am sexy, beautiful and confident. I pictured that sign over my head.

The show started

I got pulled up on stage

When I got off a girl came up to me, she said: Can I just tell you something?
She said: I think you look amazing and have a great style.
I was in shock, I thanked her.
But she will never know how much her comment made my night.

Merci.


No comments:

Post a Comment